Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Sachin not to play in international T20s

"I would have loved to be there but I feel it could disturb the combination and that's the only reason I have stayed out of the (Twenty20) team," says the master sachin tendulkar.

"And they won the World Cup, nothing can be better than that," he added.

Recalling his 2007 decision to make himself unavailable for the Indian squad for the inaugural Twenty20 World Cup, Tendulkar said he initially pulled out due to fitness issues and once the team under Mahendra Singh Dhoni won the title, he decided not to intrude into the side.

"I remember we were in England and immediately after that the team was to go to South Africa for Twenty20 World Cup. I said my body was not fully fit. And I was not in a position to give my best, my 100 per cent for India. I thought If I'm like that, I should not be part of the team and instead allow somebody else to go who can give 100 per cent.

"It's a team sport so, even if there is one weak link, it affects the whole team. I didn't want it to happen. The team went to South Africa and did well. They settled quite nicely. I don't want to disturb the combination now when they are going terrific, " he added.

He is a part of mumbai indians team in IPL and made it clear that he wont be a part of any international T20's.

No comments: